Sunday, February 05, 2006

Why I Hate Frameworks - Humor with a Purpose

For anyone who may have enjoyed the humor found behind my previous post Waterfall Methodology Makes a Comeback! there is some still more humor with a purpose to be found in the post Why I Hate Frameworks on The Joel on Software blog.

Why I Hate Frameworks does a great job of pointing out the danger of using frameworks which attempt to solve every problem of software architecture known to man by providing seemingly infinite flexibility. Along the way, the framework becomes so complex it becomes unusable for the very practical, near-term problem we face now.

Thanks also to Deepak Kaul for pointing out this gem was also on Grady Booch’s blog.


The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies, or opinions
.

No comments: