Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Outsourcing to Vietnam

My hotel in Beijing gave me a free copy of The Wall Street Journal Asia yesterday. The cover story got my attention with the title "Vietnam wins attention as new outsourcing hub." The article goes on to explain how companies like Harvey Nash PLC are using Vietnam to service clients such as Belgium's Belgacom SA, Honda Motor Co.'s British unit, Discovery Communications Inc.'s Discovery Channel, and NBC Universal's MSNBC. I did a little poking around on www.ibm.com's site search capability and found that my own employer is active as well. See IBM Press room - 2007-03-12 IBM Expands Global Service Delivery Capabilities - New Centers in China and Vietnam.

So which country is next?

The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies, or opinions.

No comments: